Board Certified Eye Doctors in Austin, TX
When you think of getting your eyes checked, you may wonder if you need to see an Ophthalmologist, or an optometrist or even you may question what the difference between the two.
An ophthalmologist is a medical doctor who diagnoses and treats all eye diseases, performs eye surgery and prescribes and fits eyeglasses and contact lenses to correct vision problems.
Services we provide:
- Laser vision correction (LASIK and PRK)
- Sutureless cataract surgery including standard, multi-focal and toric intra-ocular lens implants
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Medical treatment and laser treatment of glaucoma
- Eyelid, ocular surface and corneal infections
- Inflammatory disease of the eye
- Eye trauma
- Laser surgery of the retina for treatment of diabetic retinopathy and retinal vascular disease
- Corneal transplant surgery
- Glasses and contact lens prescriptions
We also have experienced opticians on staff to help care for your eyes. Our optometry services include:
- General eye care and exams
- Includes screening for eye diseases, such as glaucoma, diabetes, macular degeneration and the treatment of eye infections
- Child-friendly eye exams
- Contact lens fittings and care
- Contact lens fittings include standard spherical lenses, colors, toric lenses for astigmatism, bifocal and multi-focal designs and specialty lenses.
ADC offers a full-service optical shop providing a wide array of prescription eyeglasses, eyeglass adjustment, sunglasses and minor frame repairs. Contact lenses may also be ordered through the Optical Shop. For more information visit our Optical Shop.
For more information, call our information line at 512-901-4527.