Gastroenterology Services in Central Texas
No two cases are the same.
Our providers have experience in helping manage digestive issues including celiac disease to Barrett's esophagus, colon cancer to diarrhea, and heartburn and acid reflux to ulcerative colitis.
Because there are a wide range of problems that can occur within the digestive system, diagnoses and treatments are tailored to each individual patient.
Depending on the severity of your condition, when caught early, it can be diagnosed, treated and sometimes stopped from becoming more severe.
We evaluate and treat disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, small bowel and large bowel.
We perform a wide range of services to help diagnose and treat most gastrointestinal and liver conditions, including:
- Upper endoscopy: minimally invasive technique to directly visualize the upper GI tract for evaluation of disorders including acid reflux, trouble swallowing, abdominal pain and celiac disease.
- Colonoscopy: employed for colon cancer and polyp screening as well as to investigate inflammatory bowel disease and complaints such as diarrhea and intestinal bleeding.
- High resolution esophageal manometry: an improvement over usual manometric studies which provides a more detailed view of the esophagus and how it functions.
- Esophageal pH and impedance studies: for patients with reflux who do not respond to the usual antacid treatments.
- Small bowel and esophageal capsule endoscopy: typically used to investigate the small bowel and esophagus with minimal invasiveness.
- Breath testing for Helicobacter pylori, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, and lactose intolerance: non-invasive and rapid in-office testing to evaluate for a common stomach infection known as H. pylori as well as assessment of abdominal bloating and chronic diarrhea
- Diagnosis and management of chronic gastrointestinal and liver conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux, Barrett's esophagus, ulcers, celiac disease, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, viral hepatitis, cirrhosis, pancreatitis, and cancers or precancerous lesions of the gastrointestinal system.
A consultation with one of our board-certified, gastrointestinal specialists will determine what service you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family is having problems with your digestive system,
The Austin Diagnostic Clinic Gastroenterology Department is here for you.
Who we are
ADC's board-certified gastroenterologists study and diagnose areas of concern throughout the digestive system including the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum, pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts, and liver.
Our gastroenterologists have the training and experience to determine any issues that may prevent the digestive system and liver from operating properly. With the ADC system of connected physicians, your medical team can help you in all areas of your well-being.